Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A conversation on shrub.


Looking at what is published on shrub, it looks like you can allow it to ferment.  That must be how some are fizzy without adding soda water.  I don't know if vinegar results in lactofermentation, but I think this is mostly how momma does it.

Trying to see how this looks when it publishes.

 So I am thinking that we can just add our own comments in the conversation like this, in the body of the post, but we have to put our photo in so people can tell who is talking. However, I don't know how to make the photo any smaller than this, which is about 10 times bigger than I envisioned.

I do have something to report: a way NOT to drink shrub. I just tried adding it to hot water and almond milk, like, instead of tea. It curdled the milk, and then when I heated it up in the microwave, it settled out, like miso soup. And it tastes kind of gross, sour, milky. I added a bunch of honey and now it's drinkable, because I feel guilty wasting it. another legacy from our mother. But I do not recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment